Sci.Physics.ResearchIntegrity

A special section about sanity in modern physics

Sci.Physics.ResearchIntegrity

Postby gill1109 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:15 am

Nowadays, every scientific institute or Institution has an office or an officer for scientific integrity. If someone in the Science Faculty of Leiden University publishes research (or performs other academic activities) which someone else, outside, thinks exhibits violations of scientific integrity, they can write to the dean and they will pass on the complaint to the appropriate section in the organisation in Leiden which will study the complaint and take some action. If the complainant disagrees with the action, they can complain to “higher” organs.

What I would like to know, is how such complaints are handled by the Einstein centre in Oxford? I’m not saying I have a complaint. I’m just wondering, as a thought experiment, how the centre is embedded in world science. Maybe it isn’t at all. That’s also OK.

Maybe we can have a new section of this forum: “Sci.Physics.ResearchIntegrity”?

I’m also interested in the question of “governance” regarding this forum, as well as of the Einstein Centre. Do their owners want these organisations to have some future or are they just temporary private hobbies of their owners?

Of course, this is something for their owners to decide.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Re: Sci.Physics.ResearchIntegrity

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 pm

gill1109 wrote:Nowadays, every scientific institute or Institution has an office or an officer for scientific integrity. If someone in the Science Faculty of Leiden University publishes research (or performs other academic activities) which someone else, outside, thinks exhibits violations of scientific integrity, they can write to the dean and they will pass on the complaint to the appropriate section in the organisation in Leiden which will study the complaint and take some action. If the complainant disagrees with the action, they can complain to “higher” organs.

What I would like to know, is how such complaints are handled by the Einstein centre in Oxford? I’m not saying I have a complaint. I’m just wondering, as a thought experiment, how the centre is embedded in world science. Maybe it isn’t at all. That’s also OK.

Maybe we can have a new section of this forum: “Sci.Physics.ResearchIntegrity”?

I’m also interested in the question of “governance” regarding this forum, as well as of the Einstein Centre. Do their owners want these organisations to have some future or are they just temporary private hobbies of their owners?

Of course, this is something for their owners to decide.

What about your own research integrity? As far as I can see it is severely lacking in actual integrity. Do I need to send the integrity officer in Leiden a letter about you? Perhaps I should.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Return to Sci.Physics.Sanity