Latest (?) Dark Matter Hypothesis Proposed

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Latest (?) Dark Matter Hypothesis Proposed

Postby RArvay » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 am

reference:
http://www.space.com/27900-dark-matter- ... lites.html

Excerpting from the site linked above:
"Andrei Derevianko, a professor of physics at the University of Nevada, Reno, and Maxim Pospelov, a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, have proposed that dark matter isn't made of particles at all. The researchers think dark matter may be a topological defect — a kind of tear in the fabric of space-time that can't be repaired." [End excerpt]

Being the genius that I am (LOL!), I have long thought that dark matter will not be described by particle physics.
I have proposed a more descriptive name for dark matter, which is, Anomalous Gravity Source.
That is because, the only evidence we have for the existence of dark matter is its gravity field.

The conventional explanation for gravity involves the curvature of space-time induced by matter.
However, the original violence which inflated space may very well have contorted space-time in other ways
than by the production of particles, including in ways that persist to this day, which we have termed as dark matter.

Where do I get my Nobel Prize? :)
RArvay

Re: Latest (?) Dark Matter Hypothesis Proposed

Postby Q-reeus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:30 am

RArvay wrote:reference:
http://www.space.com/27900-dark-matter- ... lites.html

Excerpting from the site linked above:
"Andrei Derevianko, a professor of physics at the University of Nevada, Reno, and Maxim Pospelov, a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, have proposed that dark matter isn't made of particles at all. The researchers think dark matter may be a topological defect — a kind of tear in the fabric of space-time that can't be repaired." [End excerpt]

Being the genius that I am (LOL!), I have long thought that dark matter will not be described by particle physics.
I have proposed a more descriptive name for dark matter, which is, Anomalous Gravity Source.
That is because, the only evidence we have for the existence of dark matter is its gravity field.

The conventional explanation for gravity involves the curvature of space-time induced by matter.
However, the original violence which inflated space may very well have contorted space-time in other ways
than by the production of particles, including in ways that persist to this day, which we have termed as dark matter.

Where do I get my Nobel Prize? :)

The novel thing about that article was the proposed method of detection. Other than that, I suggest start by Googling for 'dark matter theories'. You will be kept busy for a very long time. Which implies your application may result in being somewhere near the back of a long Que of Nobel prize hopefuls! Best of luck. :D
Q-reeus

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations