First eight sections of my newest paper . . .

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

First eight sections of my newest paper . . .

Postby Yablon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:53 pm

"On the Classical Unification of Elementary Particle Physics with Nuclear and Hadron Physics, Electrodynamics, and Gravitation"

Dear Friends,

On January 9 I announced that I was starting work on a new paper which highlights the unification of elementary particle and nuclear physics that is inherent in earlier work I have published regarding baryons being Yang-Mills magnetic monopoles and the solution to the Mass Gap Problem. This includes the gravitational and electromagnetic unification with which I began down this path thirty years ago when I first studied Einstein's final scientific paper "Relativistic Theory of the Non-Symmetric Field" and determined that that paper could point my research in a good direction. Not because of the non-symmetric fields, mind you, but because of Einstein's developing a measure of the "strength" of various systems of equations, "even . . . systems whose field variables differ with respect to number and kind," and his specific findings about Maxwell's equations and the gravitational equation of empty space.

I am pleased to announce that I have now completed and posted the entire Part I of this paper, as well as the first section of Part II. Eight sections in all, so far. The link is at (sorry, I'd like to post to arXiv, but I now have a backlog of papers that they have kept "on hold" there for months while refusing to provide any useful information):

http://vixra.org/abs/1402.0062

Part I covers the complete classical unification of pure gravitational theory with Maxwell's and Yang-Mills' electrodynamics. I have also included the opening section of Part II, which lays out how I plan to proceed from here. If you are familiar with my earlier papers, you should be able to formulate a good idea of where I am headed with this.

In many ways, Part I is my scientific autobiography. I really did start down the road to my baryons = Yang-Mills monopoles thesis after reading Einstein's final paper referenced above, and what you see in sections 3 through 6 is simply a cleaned up presentation of what I regard as my first real "discovery" which I made and wrote up back in 1984 while studying relativity with my first advanced physics teacher Hans Ohanian. Section 7 extends what I figured out 30 years ago, to Yang-Mills gauge theory. This is brand new, and closes the book on that 30-year-old piece of research.

I expect this paper with another six or seven sections will be ready to submit to a journal in another three weeks or so, and I will aim for a top journal. (My Mass Gap solution paper remains under review at a very top journal, and was submitted there four months ago today. I continue to hope that no news is good news, because this journal does know how to quickly reject papers if warranted.)

Anyway, as always, I'd like you all to have the first crack to review this, as my first line of feedback. And as always, I welcome any comments, critiques or suggestions.

Best to all,

Jay
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher

Re: First eight sections of my newest paper . . .

Postby gill1109 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 am

Hard stuff for me to read. Do you have an executive summary for non-physicists?
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Re: First eight sections of my newest paper . . .

Postby FrediFizzx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Search the UseNet sci.physics.foundations group. I think Jay had a summary linked there somewhere. If not, you have his email address.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations