A simple two-page proof of local realism

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: A simple two-page proof of local realism

Postby gill1109 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 pm

I think it is time to come to a conclusion. The discussions about the experiment, the bet, and the challenge have exposed a stunning and elementary and devastating error in JJC's two experimental papers, yet he hasn't acknowledged his fallibility, let alone posted revisions to the papers. He enthusiastically accepts a bet which is logically impossible to win.

Only slightly simplifying, the man has spent weeks learning to program in R and has published attempt after attempt on internet, and repeatedly announced victory, in a quest logically equivialent to the following:
exhibit two integers p and q, such that p^2 = 2 q^2. You may find p and q by simulation, experiment, or just dream them up out of your head.

Why is it logically equivalent? Because if you can prove that Euclid's theorem is false, while there is also a valid proof that it is true, one has proven a contradiction, and if a contradiction is true, everything is both true and false at the same time. The universe will have to instantly collapse and be replaced by something even more inexplicable. 42.

(Of course we should apply this argument in the opposite direction: if JJC could win his bet then he would have derived a contradiction within elementary number theory, hence everything would be both true and false at the same time, in particular we would have a proof that Euclid's theorem is false as well as a proof that it is true. )

One can only wonder on the solidity of the more abstruse work on division algebras, Hopf fibrations, and all that, when simple recipes for experimentalists are totally bungled and the author still has no idea what was wrong with them.

The technique of the Randi challenge has yet again proven its effectiveness in exposing pseudo-science. Time to close down this topic.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Re: A simple two-page proof of local realism

Postby Joy Christian » Sat May 10, 2014 2:19 am

The readers of this forum have two options: (1) they can either believe the propaganda produced above by Richard Gill, or (2) they can evaluate the evidence after evidence, and explanation after explanation, I have presented in support of my discovery that EPR-Bohm correlations are correlations among the points of a parallelized 3-sphere (which is one of the solutions of Einstein's field equations, namely the Friedmann-Robertson-Walker solution). The choice is theirs.

Let me present my evidence once again:

(1) A simple explanation of my proposed experiment, with links to relevant papers.

(2) The proof that there indeed exist N vectors, s_k and -s_k, appearing in equation (16) of my first experimental paper: http://rpubs.com/jjc/16531.

(3) Detailed explanation of my local-realistic framework for the quantum correlations, presented in 15 papers and one of my books on the subject.

(4) A 2D simulation of my 3-sphere model for the EPR-Bohm correlation.

(5) The most accurate simulation of my 3-sphere model for the EPR-Bohm correlation.

And finally, a nice summary by Michel Fodje of how Richard Gill operates---it is quite revealing.

His present tactic is to avoid paying up the 10,000 Euros he owes me for producing the N vectors in the item (2) above.
Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations