Dirac Monopoles and Heisenberg Time Evolution

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Dirac Monopoles and Heisenberg Time Evolution

Postby Yablon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Dear Friends:

In a reply I just posted to Matthew in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=170, I reported that I have abandoned interpreting the complex term that operates on the space coordinates as a form of Euclidean space and time transformation, and explained why. I now believe that this instead represents time evolution in the manner of the Heisenberg equations of motion, and as I said to Matthew, I am exceedingly confident that this will stand up.

I have posted a preview draft of this paper on my blog at https://jayryablon.files.wordpress.com/ ... or-spf.pdf. Section 9 explains my new view as to these factors representing time evolution. I would appreciate if somebody who is somewhat knowledgeable about matrix mechanics could review this for me to make sure I am saying everything the right way and accurately characterizing the classical-to-quantum correspondence principles.

For the first time, I am also going public with section 10 which at long last proves my belief formed last fall that Dirac monopoles can exist without observable singularity, or in fiber bundle language, without screwing up the bundles. (The "screwing up" language is all over in the literature. :D ) And I am reporting out section 11, where for the first time, I prove that the charges are restricted to only odd denominators, because the even denominators violate Lorentz symmetry. This is immensely important, because in the FQHE only odd denominator charges (except 2, see section 5 to explain that) are observed. Whereas previously I have used the empirical observation of only odd denominators coupled with orientation / entanglement arguments to argue for a restriction to odd fractions only, this is different. Now the mathematics itself inexorably requires that there be no even-denominator charges other than 2, because for this to happen, we would have to violate Lorentz symmetry.

The last two sections will be reworked. But here I will show that this all ties together to form the basis for the structure of electronic shells in atoms. That will allow me to propose experiments near 0K which correlate spin structure to the FQHE and which will empirically prove that this work is solid and correct. That is a prediction, and I'll bet the farm on it!

More to follow, but this should keep everyone entertained for now.

Jay
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher

Re: Dirac Monopoles and Heisenberg Time Evolution

Postby Q-reeus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:26 am

Jay, as virtually a total non-conversant in particle physics jargon, I was trying to make some headway in understanding your logic that gave a Coulombic magnetic field in terms of just curl of a vector potential A. Best I know, standard vector calculus forbids such a thing, e.g.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_ca ... f_the_curl
Could not figure it but evidently your dual A-, A+ scheme somehow skirts that restriction. Or maybe I totally miss your actual argument. Anyway, noticing you seemed to be allowing for dual electric/magnetic charge, it faintly reminded of Julian Schwinger's dyon model. So a quick search, and up popped the following arXiv article by a Paul.J.Werbos (actually, article #4 in the listing):
http://arxiv.org/find/physics/1/au:+Wer ... /0/all/0/1
Maybe you have come across it before. Is it pretty close to your own model?
Q-reeus

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations