Spins Manifested by Dirac Monopoles

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Spins Manifested by Dirac Monopoles

Postby Yablon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:00 am

Dear Friends:

I have posted the latest draft of my monopole paper to:

https://jayryablon.files.wordpress.com/ ... or-spf.pdf

Since the last draft posted a few weeks ago, I have greatly beefed up section 13 about how root of unity transformations generate the total angular momentum of electrons in atomic orbitals, and I have added a new section 14 to show how the half-integer charge fractions (the only even-integer denominators allowed -- all others are excluded by Lorentz symmetry per section 11) manifest as (Cooper?) pairs of electrons forming into boson states.

In many respects, sections 13 and 14 -- which can stand independently of the monopoles -- really present my approach to quantum mechanics and how it is that the electronic shells structure of atomic orbitals comes about, all based on roots of unity. Section 14 uses Ohanian's article "What is Spin?" as the basis to prove that the connections I am developing to spin and orbital angular momentum are fully consistent with standard quantum mechanics.

I am almost to the end of the paper. The next section will develop a Heisenberg operator I have discovered based on the foundation in section 13, for the period (time to recycle) of electrons in atomic orbitals and its commutation relationships.

Comments and queries are always welcome.

Best,

Jay
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations