The Overwhelming Evidence Against Bell's Argument

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

The Overwhelming Evidence Against Bell's Argument

Postby FrediFizzx » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 am

It is quite amazing that the Bell believers can stick to their positions when there is stacking up quite a lot of evidence against Bell's argument. Here is a starting list of such evidence. Perhaps we can add more to it as time goes along.

1. QM itself cannot produce the -cosine curve using the +/-1 outcomes of Bell's argument.
2. It is mathematically impossible for anything to violate an inequality.
3. There exists a classical local realistic model that explains the correlations for EPR-Bohm perfectly using a simple common sense postulate.
4. Classical Optical Fields "violate" Bell-CHSH
And no +/- 1 outcomes required!!! Of course they use the same trick as other quantum experiments, etc. to show "violation".

Of course the Bell fanatics will try to rationalize this evidence away so that they can hold to their self-brainwashing mode. They will believe their rationalizations to be true in their own minds.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Re: The Overwhelming Evidence Against Bell's Argument

Postby Q-reeus » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:58 am

Fred - statement 2. above is maybe incomplete? Can't be right as an unqualified general claim.
Q-reeus

Postby FrediFizzx » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 am

Q-reeus wrote:Fred - statement 2. above is maybe incomplete? Can't be right as an unqualified general claim.

What is the mathematical definition of inequality? Can you show an example of a violation of an inequality? If you can, then the inequality was false to start with and not the inequality first specified.
FrediFizzx

Postby Q-reeus » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:02 pm

FrediFizzx wrote:What is the mathematical definition of inequality? Can you show an example of a violation of an inequality? If you can, then the inequality was false to start with and not the inequality first specified.

An inequality can be part of an IF THEN ELSE type conditional statement and 'violation' is in that context certainly allowed. As far as physical situations, here's one example where it's claimed there is experimental proof of violation of a QM inequality that I can't recall ever being directly addressed here, though maybe in principle:
https://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/U ... 278092.pdf
Q-reeus

Postby FrediFizzx » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Q-reeus wrote:
FrediFizzx wrote:What is the mathematical definition of inequality? Can you show an example of a violation of an inequality? If you can, then the inequality was false to start with and not the inequality first specified.

An inequality can be part of an IF THEN ELSE type conditional statement and 'violation' is in that context certainly allowed. As far as physical situations, here's one example where it's claimed there is experimental proof of violation of a QM inequality that I can't recall ever being directly addressed here, though maybe in principle:
https://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/U ... 278092.pdf

Can you provide an example of the IF THEN ELSE "violation"? However, we are talking about Bell's argument here thus Bell type inequalities.

I will study the paper at the link but I will hold to the fact that it is mathematically impossible. Probably just more "shifting of the goalposts" to a different inequality.
FrediFizzx

Postby Q-reeus » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 am

FrediFizzx wrote:Can you provide an example of the IF THEN ELSE "violation"?

Often used in programming Fred; e.g. https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial ... s/op2.html
...However, we are talking about Bell's argument here thus Bell type inequalities.
I will study the paper at the link but I will hold to the fact that it is mathematically impossible. Probably just more "shifting of the goalposts" to a different inequality.

I'm agnostic as to correctness of claim re Cauchy-Schwarz inequality in that article linked to. Derived '2nd-order' correlations tends to leave me mildly bemused. Physics that can be geometrically visualized and/or has potential practical application is more my thing.
Q-reeus

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations