Difficulty with tex, and also with logging in

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Difficulty with tex, and also with logging in

Postby Yablon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:49 am

Hi Fred,
I was hoping to do some posting today, but the tex equations are not showing up at least in one of my browsers, Firefox, and then when I tried to login with another browser, Internet Explorer, I could not do so. Then, when making a password change, I could not login either with the new password sent to me by the robot, or my old password.
It looks like something weird is going on technically right now with SPF, can you please check it out.
Testing text from my iPhone which is still logged on : . That does not work either, so this looks to be browser independent.
Thanks,
Jay
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher

Re: Difficulty with tex, and also with logging in

Postby FrediFizzx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:16 am

Hi Jay,

Site seems OK now. I had no trouble logging in. However, it looks like the Codecogs server for tex is malfunctioning again. It happens from time to time.
FrediFizzx

Postby Yablon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:19 am

FrediFizzx wrote:Hi Jay,

Site seems OK now. I had no trouble logging in. However, it looks like the Codecogs server for tex is malfunctioning again. It happens from time to time.

Thanks Fred, I got myself back in as well. tex is still out. I'll just compose my posts anyway then deal with tex or no tex after. Jay
Yablon

Postby Yablon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:53 pm

FrediFizzx wrote:...However, it looks like the Codecogs server for tex is malfunctioning again. It happens from time to time.

Fred, Still inop 12 hours later. Does it revert to normal after a time? Will someone there notice a systemic failure, or should we report that it is out?
Yablon

Postby FrediFizzx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Yablon wrote:
FrediFizzx wrote:...However, it looks like the Codecogs server for tex is malfunctioning again. It happens from time to time.

Fred, Still inop 12 hours later. Does it revert to normal after a time? Will someone there notice a systemic failure, or should we report that it is out?

It is out on their standalone editor page also so I would imagine they would know about it.

http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Sometimes it takes 24 hours or more to get fixed. I'm going to have to try to get MathJax working as an alternative.
FrediFizzx

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations