The Certainty of Quantum Set Theory

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: The Certainty of Quantum Set Theory

Postby james.goetz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 pm

minkwe wrote:
james.goetz wrote:
minkwe wrote:
james.goetz wrote:On the other hand, there is no detection of a wave function enduring longer than 1 Planck time. Since the is no scientific evidence of a wave function enduring longer than 1 Planck time, then this suggests that a wave function never endures longer than 1 Planck time.

Do you know what a "wave function" is?

A wave function describes the properties of a quantum state.

Just to add to the excellent responses you've already gotten from Joy and Tom -- I hope now you understand why it makes absolutely no sense to say

"... there is no detection of a wave function enduring longer than 1 Planck time."

Thank you. I finally figured out that I incorrectly defined wave function collapse. I thought it was the same as wave function termination.

For example, I've a friend who is an expert in gravity who gave me important comments on my comparison of possible wormhole worldlines versus flat Minkowski spacetime worldlines, which is most of my paper in progress, but he did not look at my QM. So I'm not too surprised that I had some error in my QM terms. And I'm grateful that I discovered this erroneous definition on a forum before my next journal article submission :-)

Jim
james.goetz

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations