A Hypothesis concerning Violation of Bell's Inequality

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

A Hypothesis concerning Violation of Bell's Inequality

Postby SEKI » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:53 pm

In a Bell test experiment, a source produces a pair of particles, one is sent to one location, and the other is sent to another location.
A measurement of particle spin/polarization is performed at a specific angle at each location.

The following points are facts and assumptions concerning Bell's problem presentation.

(1) In the vacuum space, zero-point oscillations of all wave-number vectors with possible spin/polarization directions take place in each quantum field.

(2) In the setting of Bell test experiments, zero-point oscillations of other than the specific spin/polarization directions are assumed to be suppressed significantly.
For example, consider a deflection plate for photons. For oscillations of the specific polarization directions, it is equivalent to a transparent glass. Conversely, for oscillations of other than the specific polarization directions, it is equivalent to an opaque glass and is assumed to suppress the oscillations.

(3) A particle pair production is assumed to be induced by a zero-point oscillation in a similar manner as in the case of stimulated emission of a photon.

Then, the paradox concerning violation of Bell's inequality can be considered to be resolved.

Am I wrong?
SEKI

Re: A Hypothesis concerning Violation of Bell's Inequality

Postby Joy Christian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Yes, you are wrong. None of what you have written has anything to do with Bell's argument. See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=222&p=7931#p7931.

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby SEKI » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 am

SEKI wrote:(1) In the vacuum space, zero-point oscillations of all wave-number vectors with possible spin/polarization directions take place in each quantum field.

In the field of laser engineering, point (1) is widely known fact.
However, I am sorry I cannot directly show references written in English. Instead, I show English references by requotation.

Go to;
https://annex.jsap.or.jp/photonics/koga ... 9%96%93%27

References 1) - 3), which are listed at the bottom, are the objective substances.

The English title of above-cited Japanese literature is "Photon Manipulation - Controlled Spontaneous Emission by Microcavities".
Maybe, you can find related literature by doing an Internet search.
SEKI

Postby SEKI » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:03 am

According to my hypothesis, spin/polarization directions of paired particles are to be determined when they are produced, and are to be biased in
accordance with the experimental setting.
Considering the nature of a photon produced by induced emission, you probably agree.
Maybe, it will make more sense for you to forget Bell.

By the way, I suppose that zero-point oscillations have the key to resolving other types of quantum paradoxes.
SEKI

Postby SEKI » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 am

The hypothesis was devised to overcome a lack in common sense.
Can you accept a belief that something (particle, information or whatever) can travel faster than the speed of light?
I cannot.
SEKI

Postby SEKI » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:43 am

Consider a photon pair.

(1) Each of paired photons is created simultaneously at the same point, and travels at the speed of light in a direction opposite to each other.

(2) No or, at most, negligible interaction is possible between photons.

(3) No restriction is imposed on superposition of quantum waves of photons, which are bosons.

Then, is any correlation between paired photons earthly, other than those determined at the point of pair creation?
SEKI

Postby SEKI » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 am

You may think the key is entanglement, which postulates two-particle state.

Consider a photon pair.
Quantum wave of paired photon system, if actually present, is to swell at twice the speed of light, and is to metamorphose instantaneously.
I cannot believe in such a system.

On the contrary, each of paired photons is assumed to travel independently of each other after pair creation.
Considering that no or, at most, negligible interaction is possible between photons, and that no restriction is imposed on superposition of
quantum waves of photons, which are bosons, isn't it uncontradictable?

So, I consider that any correlation between paired photons is determined at the point of pair creation.
SEKI

Postby SEKI » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:21 am

SEKI wrote:In a Bell test experiment, a source produces a pair of particles, one is sent to one location, and the other is sent to another location.
A measurement of particle spin/polarization is performed at a specific angle at each location.

The following points are facts and assumptions concerning Bell's problem presentation.

(1) In the vacuum space, zero-point oscillations of all wave-number vectors with possible spin/polarization directions take place in each quantum field.

(2) In the setting of Bell test experiments, zero-point oscillations of other than the specific spin/polarization directions are assumed to be suppressed significantly.
For example, consider a deflection plate for photons. For oscillations of the specific polarization directions, it is equivalent to a transparent glass. Conversely, for oscillations of other than the specific polarization directions, it is equivalent to an opaque glass and is assumed to suppress the oscillations.

(3) A particle pair production is assumed to be induced by a zero-point oscillation in a similar manner as in the case of stimulated emission of a photon.

It may make more sense to add the following assumption.

(3b) No spontaneous emission of a particle pair (as well as that of a particle) is assumed to be possible without being induced by a zero-point oscillation.

In the field of laser engineering, it seems to be commonly acknowledged that assumption (3b) is correct for spontaneous emission of a particle of photon.

So, assumption (3b) is considered to be quite feasible, and the hypothesis appears to be probable and more realistic.
SEKI

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations