Is quantum mechanics itself local and realistic?

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: Is quantum mechanics itself local and realistic?

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Heinera wrote:The last two posts by Richard and myself got me thinking. While the quantum protocols are at present impractical and costly, and thus mostly a theoretical exercise so far, this will in all likelihood change with future advances in engineering. But if Bell was wrong, he will be wrong forever.

So, if we could in fact demonstrably violate Bell-type inequalities with classical computers, how can we monetize on this? For one thing, we could generate very cheap/fake proofs of the protocols. I'm pretty sure we could make a s**tload of money. Would we need to keep the discovery a secret? I guess so. Any ideas? Should we start a new, secret thread?

:lol: It is mathematically impossible to "violate" any of the Bell inequalities!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why they are completely irrelevant.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Postby Heinera » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm

FrediFizzx wrote: :lol: It is mathematically impossible to "violate" any of the Bell inequalities!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why they are completely irrelevant.

But that is not the point at all. These communication protocols do violate the conventional Bell inequalities, even in experimental prototypes. If we can find a way to do the same with classical computers, we will all be stinking rich! Don't let us down, Fred. Really.
Heinera

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Heinera wrote:
FrediFizzx wrote: :lol: It is mathematically impossible to "violate" any of the Bell inequalities!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why they are completely irrelevant.

But that is not the point at all. These communication protocols do violate the conventional Bell inequalities, even in experimental prototypes. If we can find a way to do the same with classical computers, we will all be stinking rich! Don't let us down, Fred. Really.

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
FrediFizzx

Postby gill1109 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Heinera wrote:

Heinera, you are wrong here. If we can find a way to perform those protocols with classical computers then they will *not* be secure. Because an inside-agent eaves-dropper can clone the classical computers and break into the communication with no one knowing. This is called the Trojan horse attack.

Possibly the hype about quantum is going on precisely because the top scientists of the US military do know that actually quantum key distribution is not safe. They would like everyone to use it, but nobody to know that it is unsafe. Only they know. Hence they will be able to decode all the electronic communication and electronic banking in the world, and nobody will know.

This is why Joy Christian's work is suppressed. The secret top of the US industrial-military complex (let's call them "the illuminati") has got a major interest in everyone thinking that quantum communication is safe, and everyone using it, and only they knowing that it can be cracked, and how - by using Fred's computer implementation of Joy's model."Quantum supremacy" is perhaps less than five years ahead! I fear that this is going to be a rather more sinister kind of supremacy than they are selling us.

I'm actually really surprised that Joy and Fred have not met with some kind of unfortunate accident recently. They are such a danger to the world hegemony which the illuminati are on the point of gaining.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Postby Joy Christian » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:12 am

gill1109 wrote:
This is why Joy Christian's work is suppressed.

The real reason why and how my work is suppressed is all too well known to the readers of this forum. A good example of it is documented here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=283#p6766.

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby Heinera » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:10 am

gill1109 wrote:
Heinera wrote:

Heinera, you are wrong here. If we can find a way to perform those protocols with classical computers then they will *not* be secure. Because an inside-agent eaves-dropper can clone the classical computers and break into the communication with no one knowing. This is called the Trojan horse attack.

Of course it wouldn't be secure! That's how we're going to make the money, by indulging in criminal activity! :lol:

(oops, I forgot we have a lawyer among us... )
Heinera

Postby gill1109 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:39 am

Heinera wrote:
gill1109 wrote:
Heinera wrote:

Of course it wouldn't be secure! That's how we're going to make the money, by indulging in criminal activity! :lol:

Lawyers also work for criminals... Everyone has a right to a lawyer.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Postby Yablon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 am

gill1109 wrote:
Heinera wrote:Of course it wouldn't be secure! That's how we're going to make the money, by indulging in criminal activity! :lol:

Lawyers also work for criminals... Everyone has a right to a lawyer.

Well, if somebody needs to obtain a patent for something, I can help. Criminal defense, not so much. :D
Yablon

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations