3-Sphere 3D Vectors 2-Particle Simulation

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: 3-Sphere 3D Vectors 2-Particle Simulation

Postby gill1109 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:29 am

I see I could buy the basic Mathematica desktop version for 345 Euro. I guess it is worth it. My main objection is that it is *closed*. Not only is the code not freely available but even many of the algorithms are also secret. This means that before publishing scientific findings obtained with Mathematica one should check that they can be reproduced by an *open* system. My colleagues working in algebraic geometry and/or number theory and/or computer algebra *never* use Mathematica. They are working on fundamental mathematical algorithms and reproducibility of their findings demands that they use open source software.,
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Re: 3-Sphere 3D Vectors 2-Particle Simulation

Postby FrediFizzx » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Sure there will be situations where open source programs can be advantageous. But I am not sorry at all that I bought Mathematica. It's arbitrary precision came in real handy for this paper.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.06036

Plus it has many formatting features that you can use to make really nice math documents. And now I've used it to validate the local QM product calculation using its built in Pauli Matrices. Very cool!
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations