Curtains for locality in QM?

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: Curtains for locality in QM?

Postby local » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:50 am

The local models minkwe and I gave were for the purpose of showing that it is possible to have random outcomes together with anticorrelation. They were not intended as local models of QM. Since you continue to misrepresent what I have said, you have confirmed your poor understanding of QM, and you notify us that you have time only for smatterings, I'm going to withdraw from this thread. Thank you for the stimulating discussion. Looking forward to your peer-reviewed publications!
local

Postby gill1109 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:12 pm

local wrote:The local models minkwe and I gave were for the purpose of showing that it is possible to have random outcomes together with anticorrelation. They were not intended as local models of QM. Since you continue to misrepresent what I have said, you have confirmed your poor understanding of QM, and you notify us that you have time only for smatterings, I'm going to withdraw from this thread. Thank you for the stimulating discussion. Looking forward to your peer-reviewed publications!

Here is a model with random outcomes and anticorrelation. Let the hidden variable be a fair coin toss. Define the measurement functions and by and .
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Postby local » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:11 am

You are now the third poster to demonstrate this. Congratulations, Richard! :lol:
local

Postby gill1109 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 pm

local wrote:You are now the third poster to demonstrate this. Congratulations, Richard! :lol:

Always happy to oblige! 8-)
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Postby local » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm hoping we can bring back minkwe's great Delft thread now (pruned if needed), and we can continue our exciting discussion of mutual information in EPR and anomalies in the experiments. Some great stuff in there.

Happy Halloween! :ugeek:
local

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations