Physics from reason alone

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: Physics from reason alone

Postby FrediFizzx » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:09 am

friend wrote:
Austin Fearnley wrote:Well, IMO as an amateur, from our viewpoint the photon is created by a fermion, then travels alone at speed c, and then is annihilated by a fermion. If the fermions are all gone then there is no means of creation of new, nor destruction of old, photons. There may be other ways of creation/destruction that I am overlooking, but I do not think so. Penrose talks of only photons surviving to the CCC nodes but I am unclear about other bosons such as gluons.

Interesting stuff, but off topic for this thread. Let me suggest that you start your own thread. I will will save my comment for then.

Austin is a guest poster so he can't start a new topic. You'll have to start one for him if you wish.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Postby friend » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:56 am

Austin Fearnley wrote:...

Dear Austin, you seem to have some interesting things to say. if you'd like me to start a post for you, please write it here and I'll start it as a new post. Please include a title.
friend

Postby friend » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:21 pm

I derived the SM particles in my framework as the combinations of higher order implications that can be constructed. See the post in this thread here. Later I describe how these fit into the symmetry of the Standard Model using complex numbers, quaternions, and octonions. See the post in this thread here.

But it occurs to me that now we're talking about higher order dimensions, octonians use 8 real numbers for each basis vector. And if complex exponentials can be said to oscillate, I assume the quaternian exponentials can also oscillate, as well as the octonian exponentials. So then particles here are seen as oscillations in higher dimentional manifolds. So is my framework another form of string theory? John Baez has an interesting webpage connecting Calabi-Yau manifolds with octonions. See here.
friend

Postby friend » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:48 pm

friend wrote:But it occurs to me that now we're talking about higher order dimensions, octonians use 8 real numbers for each basis vector. And if complex exponentials can be said to oscillate, I assume the quaternian exponentials can also oscillate, as well as the octonian exponentials. So then particles here are seen as oscillations in higher dimentional manifolds. So is my framework another form of string theory? John Baez has an interesting webpage connecting Calabi-Yau manifolds with octonions. See here.

The "extra dimensions" of string theory occupy a Calabi-Yau manifold. It is said that all these extra dimensions are curled up. But since complex exponential numbers can describe oscillations, a type of curling up, I wonder if this could mean that these extra dimensions are complex or hyper complex.
friend

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations