The still open 5 000 Euro challenge

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: The still open 5 000 Euro challenge

Postby FrediFizzx » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 pm

gill1109 wrote:Unfortunately, an attempt to claim the 10 000 Euro prize for a successful attempt before June 11 failed at the adjudication stage. The challenge is still open, but now only 5 000 Euro is on offer.

LOL! There are a couple of big problems with your challenge.

1. You don't seem to know the difference between a real experiment and a simulation of such experiment

2. There are four separate experiments to simulate with the fixed angles. Therefore there needs to be 4 pairs of direction files.

And... as I said before, in the true spirt of the challenge, Joy had already beaten it before you even proposed it. Double LOL!

Now, something more interesting might be a simulation where the angle pairs are switched random like in Aspect or Weihs, et al. All in a single run of many trials.

Anyway, I doubt that anyone is interested in your challenge anymore.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Postby gill1109 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 pm

FrediFizzx wrote:There are four separate experiments to simulate with the fixed angles. Therefore there needs to be 4 pairs of direction files.
More interesting might be a simulation where the angle pairs are switched random like in Aspect or Weihs, et al. All in a single run of many trials

Four separate experiments: you are calling Christian to revise his experimental paper? He asks for each correlation to be calculated separately, but each one to be calculated on the same set of data, without leaving any out for any of the correlations. His instructions as to what is calculated are completely explicit and Christian confirmed them many times.

Random switching of angles: I proposed random selection of setting pairs as in real experiments, but Christian turned this down, despite Michel Fodje's warnings.

The bet and the challenge were based on what Christian actually wrote on page 4 of his experimental paper, not on what he should have written.

I am glad Fred that you seem to be advising Christian to revise his page 4 instructions to the experimentalists, just as earlier Michel Fodje did. I consider this absolutely necessary, if anyone is ever to do the experiment. This was the whole point of the challenge. Get Christian to revise his experimental paper so that it at last could make sense for an experimentalist to do it.

I am pretty sure that no one is interested in my challenge any more. That was its whole point. You have discovered, Fred, that, as stated, it was unwinnable. You did not know that before, so you have learnt something.

In fact, Fred, you implicitly admit that I have won the original bet which you say we two had together on FQXi! ... the unfinished discussion which led to the foundation of this wonderful forum!
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Postby FrediFizzx » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Richard, stop lying in your posts or I am going to block you from this forum. Joy's paper say RANDOM angles, not fixed angles. There are four separate experiments with YOUR proposed fixed angles. Your challenge is completely bogus so stop promoting it here. I am locking this thread and don't start another one about this topic.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

Previous

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations