Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 am

Heinera wrote:
I think that insisting on the paper being immune to retraction is a brilliant idea. I wish more authors would have thought of this.

Most authors, at least in physics and mathematics, do not have to worry about retraction; because most authors are not hounded relentlessly by dogmatic Bell-believers, for over a decade.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby gill1109 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:38 am

Joy Christian wrote:I rather publish my papers in established and reputable journals. One paper on Bell is published in IJTP. Another on Bell is published in RSOS. One more on Bell is coming up in a reputable journal. And the Octonion-like paper is under review by a mathematics journal.
...
I should add that my latest paper refuting Bell's theorem that is soon to be published in a reputed peer-reviewed journal will be immune to retraction. As some readers of this forum know, there have been persistent attempts to retract at least three of my published refutations of Bell's theorem over the past decade. But once published, the latest paper, soon to be published, will be immune to retraction. Indeed, that was one of my criteria for selecting the journal where it will be published. It also addresses all unfounded criticisms of my local model in detail.

I'm afraid that Dr Christian's latest paper may be immune to retraction, but this doesn't make it immune to being wrong! Nor does it prevent publication by others of a refutation.

As long as the author is secretive as to the content, we wait on tenterhooks to see what he has come with this time. I hope it will be available before our workshop and symposium.

I heard on the grapevine that the RSOS editors have received new reviews on JJ Christian's RSOS paper, following their publication of an expression of concern. I should hope that the author will be (or already was) the first to know their content.

It should be mentioned that the once reputable journal IJTP also published, after peer review, an IJTP paper by myself refuting the IJTP paper of dr. Christian. I am surprised that they did not publish a response by the author. He certainly posted a response on arXiv. It seems they did not wish to arouse any controversy.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: Leiden

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 am

gill1109 wrote:
It should be mentioned that ... IJTP also published, after peer review, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10773-015-2657-4 an IJTP paper by myself ...

This paper by Richard D. Gill contains numerous mathematical and conceptual mistakes, which I have exposed in this paper: https://www.academia.edu/38423874/Refut ... ls_Theorem

Image
Image

As I recall, IJTP editors were bullied into publishing Gill's erroneous paper after months of harassing both me online and the editors of IJTP off-line. Indeed, that was the first of my papers which was attacked by Gill with the intention of having it retracted. But the editor of IJTP, the late Prof. David Finkelstein, had refused to retract my paper despite huge political pressure.

***
Last edited by Joy Christian on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Yablon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 am

Keep in mind that the workshop and symposium is intended to remove all this debate from the Internet, and rather have it in person in a collegial environment which may help to resolve these long-standing disputes.
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: New York

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:50 am

gill1109 wrote:
I'm afraid that Dr Christian's latest paper may be immune to retraction, but this doesn't make it immune to being wrong! Nor does it prevent publication by others of a refutation.

The same holds for Dr. Bell's papers, which are immune to retractions because of sociology and politics, but have been repeatedly shown to be wrong: https://arxiv.org/abs/1704.02876.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:52 am

Yablon wrote:Keep in mind that the workshop and symposium is intended to remove all this debate from the Internet, and rather have it in person in a collegial environment which may help to resolve these long-standing disputes.

Yes, this back and forth on the forum doesn't accomplish anything. Please refrain from doing it.
.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Heinera » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 am

gill1109 wrote:I heard on the grapevine that the RSOS editors have received new reviews on JJ Christian's RSOS paper, following their publication of an expression of concern. I should hope that the author will be (or already was) the first to know their content.

Ok, I heard that they had difficulties recruiting reviewers that would even take the job. But anyway the original five reviews should suffice for the editorial board to see that the acceptance was a mistake.
Heinera
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 am

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 am

Heinera wrote:
gill1109 wrote:I heard on the grapevine that the RSOS editors have received new reviews on JJ Christian's RSOS paper, following their publication of an expression of concern. I should hope that the author will be (or already was) the first to know their content.

Ok, I heard that they had difficulties recruiting reviewers that would even take the job. But anyway the original five reviews should suffice for the editorial board to see that the acceptance was a mistake.

On the contrary, the erroneous arguments by the original five reviewers and by the new reviewer are sufficient for anyone to see that the acceptance of my paper was completely justified.

The acceptance of Bell's paper by the dubious journal "Physics" that died after just one issue is another matter. Bell's erroneous paper would not have been accepted by any reputed journal.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 am

OK guys, let's get back on topic here by discussing some actual content details of the paper.
.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby local » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 am

FrediFizzx wrote:OK guys, let's get back on topic here by discussing some actual content details of the paper.
.

I'm confused. Isn't that what has been happening, i.e., discussion of the reviewer's criticisms of the paper?
local
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 am

local wrote:
FrediFizzx wrote:OK guys, let's get back on topic here by discussing some actual content details of the paper.
.

I'm confused. Isn't that what has been happening, i.e., discussion of the reviewer's criticisms of the paper?

Sorry, but I don't see any actual detail's from reviewer's comments thus no real discussion.
.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby local » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:45 am

That seems fair and reasonable. The secretive RSOS "investigation" impugning JC has gone on too long.
Last edited by local on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
local
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:58 am

local wrote:
That seems fair and reasonable. The secretive "investigation" has gone on a long time at RSOS. What is their game?

The RSOS investigation was triggered by nine months of daily attacks on my paper by Richard D. Gill. But their investigation has revealed that Gill's attacks were wrong and often ludicrous.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby local » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:01 pm

They need to wrap up the "investigation" and publish the results, and then retract the expression of concern.
local
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby FrediFizzx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:26 pm

I'm temporarily locking this thread since there is no discussion of the actual physics of the paper happening.
.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:56 am

gill1109 wrote:
As long as the author is secretive as to the content, we wait on tenterhooks to see what he has come [up] with this time. I hope it will be available before our workshop and symposium.

I have very good sociological and political reasons to remain secretive about the contents and publication details of my upcoming paper. All will be revealed once the paper appears in print.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:57 am

gill1109 wrote:
As long as the author is secretive as to the content, we wait on tenterhooks to see what he has come [up] with this time. I hope it will be available before our workshop and symposium.

The waiting is over: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=406#p10044.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:36 pm

***

Elsewhere in this forum, Richard D. Gill wrote:

In preparation for the debate at the symposium, I posted a summary criticism of the IEEE Access paper on PubPeer, https://pubpeer.com/publications/A60DFDEE69A368611FCDCD3184125D...

This action by Richard Gill violates the condition I had put forward for attending the planned symposium in Leiden in the so-called "truce agreement" mediated by Jay R. Yablon. My condition for attending the symposium was that Gill will not take any action aimed at having my published papers on the subject retracted. In fact, since the "truce agreement" Gill has taken several actions that violate the truce agreement. Under the circumstances, I am no longer bound by the "truce agreement" and reserve my right to not attend the planned symposium.

***
Joy Christian
Research Physicist
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 am
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby FrediFizzx » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Joy Christian wrote:Elsewhere in this forum, Richard D. Gill wrote:

In preparation for the debate at the symposium, I posted a summary criticism of the IEEE Access paper on PubPeer, https://pubpeer.com/publications/A60DFDEE69A368611FCDCD3184125D...

This action by Richard Gill violates the condition I had put forward for attending the planned symposium in Leiden in the so-called "truce agreement" mediated by Jay R. Yablon. My condition for attending the symposium was that Gill will not take any action aimed at having my published papers on the subject retracted. In fact, since the "truce agreement" Gill has taken several actions that violate the truce agreement. Under the circumstances, I am no longer bound by the "truce agreement" and reserve my right to not attend the planned symposium.


I guess some people just can't help themselves. ??? I figured the truce would never last. And I doubt any substantial progress would be made at the symposium anyways. Bell fans always have some kind of excuse not to see the truth.
.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Yablon » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:07 pm

The role of a mediator is to move the parties to, hopefully, make the right decisions and take the right actions, and narrow the range of their disputes. But no amount of diplomacy can force the parties to do so.

All I can do at this point is urge Richard to continue forward with planning and securing support for the workshop / symposium irrespective of what decisions Joy may make once the Lorentz Center has (hopefully) signed on, because of the importance of the underlying science. And urge Joy to keep his options open to whatever the state of affairs may be several months or more down the road once it is seen how these organization efforts develop and unfold, because of the extensive efforts he has undertaken over many years to study this science. The scientific enterprise must always come before any one individual.

Jay

FrediFizzx wrote:
Joy Christian wrote:Elsewhere in this forum, Richard D. Gill wrote:

In preparation for the debate at the symposium, I posted a summary criticism of the IEEE Access paper on PubPeer, https://pubpeer.com/publications/A60DFDEE69A368611FCDCD3184125D...

This action by Richard Gill violates the condition I had put forward for attending the planned symposium in Leiden in the so-called "truce agreement" mediated by Jay R. Yablon. My condition for attending the symposium was that Gill will not take any action aimed at having my published papers on the subject retracted. In fact, since the "truce agreement" Gill has taken several actions that violate the truce agreement. Under the circumstances, I am no longer bound by the "truce agreement" and reserve my right to not attend the planned symposium.


I guess some people just can't help themselves. ??? I figured the truce would never last. And I doubt any substantial progress would be made at the symposium anyways. Bell fans always have some kind of excuse not to see the truth.
.
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 pm
Location: New York

PreviousNext

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 90 guests

CodeCogs - An Open Source Scientific Library