Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Wed May 30, 2018 1:25 am

The Royal Society of London has accepted my disproof of Bell’s theorem. My latest paper on the subject is just published by the Royal Society journal Open Science:

http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/ ... 5/5/180526

The paper exposes a number of oversights in Bell’s iconic theorem. But more importantly, it provides a viability proof of the “uniform basis” sought by Einstein for all of physics, by explicitly constructing a locally causal framework for all quantum correlations in terms of the spinorial properties of the physical space. The Bell-CHSH inequalities are then shown to hold only in the flat space in which the quaternionic and octonionic properties of the physical space are unwittingly ignored.

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Re: Royal Society has Accepted my Disproof of Bell's Theorem

Postby Joy Christian » Wed May 30, 2018 11:12 pm

Here is a link to the PDF of the paper: http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/ ... eytype=ref
Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby Joy Christian » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:55 am

The published paper is now also on the arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1806.02392. It was released today after I submitted it on the 30th of May last week. Nota bene the reverse chronological order of publications. Most physicists first publish on the arXiv, with their papers appearing online within hours of submission; then they publish in a journal, which may take many months to appear in print. In my case, last year (May 2017) this paper was stonewalled by arXiv-moderation, with my appeal also rejected. They had asked me to provide a resolvable DOI from a journal before they would allow it on the arXiv and had refused to tell me what was wrong with it. Their exact answer to my query: "Our moderators do not provide detailed reviews."

I, of course, know what is wrong with the paper. It is politically incorrect. :)

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby Yablon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 am

Joy,
As you know I have been busy the last two weeks with my Kaluza Klein paper, but I did want to take a moment to offer public congratulations! I know all too well the perils and pitfalls along the road you are traveling.
Jay
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher

Postby Joy Christian » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:29 am

Yablon wrote:Joy,
As you know I have been busy the last two weeks with my Kaluza Klein paper, but I did want to take a moment to offer public congratulations! I know all too well the perils and pitfalls along the road you are traveling.
Jay

Many thanks, Jay. I truly appreciate, not only your congratulations but also the enormous effort you put in two years ago to help.

Good luck, BTW, in your Kaluza Klein work.

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby lkcl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:16 am

hooray, well done. so what's next on the list? :)
lkcl

Postby Joy Christian » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:58 am

lkcl wrote:hooray, well done. so what's next on the list? :)

Thanks, Luke.

Ideally, I would like to get back to what I was working on before; namely, "quantum gravity." The RSOS paper is a preamble to that goal.

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby Joy Christian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:48 pm

One of the purposes of the RSOS paper is to demonstrate that when we ignore the quaternionic and octonionic properties of the physical space captured in the 3- and 7-spheres respectively, then the traditional interpretation of Bell's theorem is recovered. That is a bit like in this GIF. In the flatland, an ellipse may look like a circle.

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby Joy Christian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:37 am

The journal statistics for the usage of my article is now available, which shows 1,244 downloads during the 20 days since the article was published:

http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/ ... ticle-info

I must thank Professor Richard David Gill for his tenacious advertising campaign for my disproof of Bell's theorem over the past eleven or so years. :)

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Postby Joy Christian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm

The above article usage statistics at the journal's website is being updated every day. There are 35 more PDF downloads since yesterday. :o

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations