EPR / Bell Symposium Announcement

Foundations of physics and/or philosophy of physics, and in particular, posts on unresolved or controversial issues

EPR / Bell Symposium Announcement

Postby Yablon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 am

Dear SPF friends:

To resolve their scientific differences in person rather than on internet forums, Joy Christian and Richard Gill are planning a public symposium at Leiden University (Netherlands) centred on a presentation by Christian of his work. I will moderate debate between Gill and Christian, who each asked me to privately mediate between them in this undertaking. The symposium will also include invited talks by other Bell critics and Bell supporters, panel discussions and moderated open debate.

I appreciate the trust and confidence that both Richard and Joy have placed in me to mediate forward progress toward this symposium. One of my objectives is to help resolve years of internet debate between two of my friends, and their networks. But I see the broader goal, as always, to be advancing science. And in this case, we are looking to clarify and hopefully resolve some of the deepest and most perplexing issues regarding the true nature of quantum mechanical physical reality, in person, rather than over the internet.

As we settle on dates and more details, we will of course let people know through this and other topical internet forums.

Best regards to all,

Jay
Yablon
Independent Physics Researcher

Re: EPR / Bell Symposium Announcement

Postby Joy Christian » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:27 am

Thank you, Jay. Your help in mediating toward the symposium is much appreciated. Thank you for your time and effort. Best, Joy

Joy Christian
Research Physicist

Re: EPR / Bell Symposium Announcement

Postby minkwe » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:53 pm

It is great that you are doing this, Jay. Thank you.
minkwe

Return to Sci.Physics.Foundations